Re: Procmail & Netscape/Mozilla - warning

1997-10-06 15:51:06
At 04:50 PM 10/6/97 +0000, Alan V. Shackelford wrote:
I had a similar situation with Pine just the other day. I opened pine

[snip - and whatever other non-lockfile apps people run]

None of this affects me one iota, since I read mail either via Elm, or
usually POP, but it seems as if you should be able to just write a shell
script for launching your mailer of choice, and in that shell script create
(and on exit, delete) a global mail lockfile (likewise, it should actually
check for one before creating it).  Then at the top of your procmail, check
for that lockfile - if it exists, defer processing of the new message.
Now, exactly how that would be accomplished, I don't know, but it should be
doable.

I believe there was a concise solution posted a few months back, perhaps
some affected individual could rummage through the archives for it?

 Post Box 2395 / San Rafael, CA  94912-2395