Re: Procmail & Netscape/Mozilla - warning

1997-10-07 07:38:43
On Mon, 6 Oct 1997, Alan V. Shackelford wrote:

Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 16:50:36 +0000
From: Alan V. Shackelford <ashackel(_at_)rkkengineers(_dot_)com>
To: procmail(_at_)Informatik(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
Subject: Re: Procmail & Netscape/Mozilla - warning

I had a similar situation with Pine just the other day. I opened pine
and moved to the inbox just as a message came in. All of my mail is
touched by procmail before I see it. Anyway, I never got the message,
and have been unable to find it on the system anywhere. The only way
I know it came in is from the familiar beep sound my machine makes
when mail comes in. Also, since that time, I continually get reminded
by pine to move my old mail folders back for a new month. This
usually only occurs on the first of each month, but since the "fight"
between pine and procmail, I get it each time I open Pine.

I think you are wrong: pine (3.91) issues a file locking when opening a
folder. You can verify this by 'touch folder.lock' and then try  opening
the folder.
Pine delays for a while and then prints a warning about overwriting the
lock-file.

Ciao,

Clemens
--
Clemens Brogi  (netadm/postmaster)
Regionales Rechenzentrum Erlangen

Send Mailproblems to: mailto:postleute(_at_)rrze(_dot_)uni-erlangen(_dot_)de