Netscape 'Communicator'

1997-10-08 07:42:03
  A few days ago someone was asking if anyone hadnotes on how to turn off
the vard attachment. Well I cleared enough space on my drive (that thing
is a memory hog) and messed with the prefs to see what was what, so here
it is..

Netscape 4.03 setup, to be friendly to those that receive your messages:

Open Preferences
        Then open Identity and make certain that "Send Address Book Card"
is unchecked.  (I believe that this is the option that causes a small
attached files called 'vcard' to be sent)

Open Mail & Groups
        Open Messages
        Then make certain that "By Default send HTML" is unchecked
        Then open "More Options", make certain that neither "Send HTML
only"  and "Send both HTML and plain text" are checked. I would use
"Always send plain text", but then I never would send an HTML message.
But, "ask me before sending" wouldn't be a bad idea.
        As for sending 8 bit messages, I would have "as is" checked
(remember mail is 7 bit, not 8)

Ralph Lindberg N7BSN       <n7bsn(_at_)callsign(_dot_)net>
RV and Camping FAQ <http://kendaco.telebyte.net/rlindber/rv/>
Just because MS-Windows holds 90% of the market doesn't mean it's
superior. Remember 90% of all animal's are insects.