Re: (procmail) Re: Spamford's back on line

1997-10-08 07:48:14
era eriksson wrote:

<> On Wed, 8 Oct 1997 09:22:38 -0400 (EDT), rali(_at_)meitca(_dot_)com wrote:
<>  >    :0
<>  >    * ^Received:.*\/(\.ms\.uu\.net|-0600 \(EST\))
<>  >                     ^^^^
<>  >    /dev/null
<>  > Now one is blocking the MSN dialups, which are all in the ms.uu.net
<>  > subdomain.
<>
<> As well as a good number of other Uunet clients. Not good.
<>
<> (Yes, the ms.uu.net dialups used to be leased only to MSN, but that's
<> a long time ago.)

Errm, yes ... I was typing in a hurry before leaving home and over
simplified.   I believe there are "sub leases" -- ie., UUNet operates the
dialups for MS, but MS resells the capacity to other dial up services.

www.msn.com doesn't want to talk to me becasue I don't allow cookies and
don't have their spiffy shockwave plug-in, so I won't bother to explore
further for info on which domains they subcontract dial up service to.
A plague on 'em.

In any case, adding a From test would fix up that recipe (and is what I
have in my spam rules):

  # I'm not sure why mail from user(_at_)msn(_dot_)com would have an ms.uu.net
  * !^From:.*@(earthlink|msn|std)
  /dev/null

Reto
--
R A Lichtensteiger       rali(_at_)meitca(_dot_)com -or-
rali(_at_)world(_dot_)std(_dot_)com