Re: Filtering out unwanted mime attachments

1997-10-14 16:16:05
On Mon, 13 Oct 1997, Michael Stone wrote:

Michael Stone writes on 12 October 1997 at 20:58:52
But how much better is it to recieve
instead of
"Yes, I want to come to the party."

No argument there.  But having a recipe such as
   :0
   /dev/null
in place (which was originally suggested) means you'll have an
inaccurate count of how many people will be attending your party.

No argument there. I'd never recommend sending mail to /dev/null,
especially for something as trivial as html. I was just addressing the
argument that there's nothing wrong with html; to the contrary, html
markup is almost always a waste for email. But the best approach to take
is to use a decent MUA that will let you read html'ed messages. If you
MUA can't do that, get rid of it.

I didn't ask for an opinion on wether or not HTML messages are
pretty, or wether or not my MUA is adequate.  I asked for a mail
filter recipe that would DELETE ALL messages that hit my inbox
that contain HTML MIME attachments.

No more.  No less.   Thanks for the commentary though.

Mike A. Harris        |  Homepage:  http://blackwidow.saultc.on.ca/~mharris
Computer Consultant   |  Am I online? -  finger or ping capslock.dyn.ml.org
My dynamic address: http://blackwidow.saultc.on.ca/~mharris/ip-address.html
Mark should get a sound card and more ISA slots!!!!!!!!  ;o)