Re: Please write a procmail book

1997-10-15 23:29:47
jonathon said:

 The only real problem with a book on Procmail, is that only
 Unix Shell users, would be able to buy it.  That's a steadilly
 _shrinking_ number of people on the net --- both in absolute
 terms, and as a percentage of net users.  << OTOH, it might
 encourage a few people to switch to shell accounts.  >>

Au contraire, mon ami.  I don't have a Unix shell account.  My website
(URL below) is remotely hosted, and all my access is via ftp.  I write
procmail scripts and FTP them to my directory.  A little cumbersome,
but it works.

There's a lot of people like me out there -- the service I use has
36,000+ customers!

John

--
John Jensen      john(_at_)analysis(_dot_)net       Analysis.Net Survey Research
http://www.analysis.net    "Professional survey research -- by email"