Please write a procmail book

1997-10-15 09:40:04
I've been a subscriber to this list for many months now, and have
learned a lot about the intricacies of procmail from it.  It, and the
archives, are a great resource.

That said, the list, its archives, and the procmail man pages are
still no substitute for a good summary reference book.  If O'Reilly or
another publisher were to produce a good "Nutshell" book on procmail,
I'd buy it in a minute.  I'm sure many others would.

Email is becoming the only true "killer app" that has emerged from the
Internet.  Handling it and dealing with spam are becoming really
important.  Procmail and formail are the best mail-handling tools
available, and it really surprises me that there are no texts out there
about them.

So please let this message prod one or more of you gurus to write a
book and make a buck.

John

--
John Jensen      john(_at_)analysis(_dot_)net       Analysis.Net Survey Research
http://www.analysis.net    "Professional survey research -- by email"