Re: Procmail and Netscape - locking & filtering

1997-10-22 13:09:50
Mike de Laine wrote,

| My workaround
| (seeing I use Mozilla 4) is to use procmail to identify where it should
| go and insert a comment into the To: field which the Netscape Mozilla
| filters can utilise.
|
| DESTINATION="`formail -x To: `"
|
| and then the outcome of recipes can be something like:
|
| | formail  -I "To: $DESTINATION (autofile:spam)"
|
| and a Netscape filter targets the To: field with autofile:spam as the
| key.

It's probably better to use -i rather than -I.  With -i, the original To:
header is preserved as Old-To: and, in case it matters, you can still tell
how the item was addressed.  -I would delete the original To: entirely.