Fake From line detection

1997-10-22 12:25:36
Hi,

I am running procmail version 3.11pre7 and sendmail 8.8.7.  I'm using the
sendmail FEATURE(`local_procmail') to use procmail for my local delivery
agent.   At the moment, users haven't been notified (yet) of procmail
availability, so that no-one has a ~/.procmailrc file.

The FEATURE macro generates the following mailer definition for procmail:

Mlocal,         P=/usr/local/bin/procmail, F=lsDFMAw5:/|@qSPfhn9,
                S=10/30, R=20/40,
                T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
                A=procmail -Y -a $h -d $u

We are using sendmail masquerading here such that local mail from sendmail has
a From line with fully-qualified usernames (ie. From
username(_at_)networkcs(_dot_)com).
The problem I'm seeing is that procmail is adding a ">From username" header to
the mail thinking that the original From is a fake.  Is there some special
sendmail mailer incantation  for procmail that will allow procmail to realize
that username and username(_at_)networkcs(_dot_)com are really the same?

Thanks.

--
Mike Spengler                           Minnesota Supercomputer Center, Inc.
Email: mks(_at_)msc(_dot_)edu                   1200 Washington Ave. So.