Re: Fake From line detection

1997-10-22 16:54:26
Mike Spengler <mks(_at_)networkcs(_dot_)com> writes:
Philip Guenther said:
sendmail isn't adding the "From username(_at_)networkcs(_dot_)com".
Sendmail only
adds one if the mailer _doesn't_ have the 'n' flag, which the Mlocal
above does, so that's not it.  Does your sendmail.cf set the
"SaveFromLine" option?  If so, torch it.

All of our email here goes through a central mail gateway, which fully
qualifies/masquerades the envelope, and then is received at the final
delivery hub via an SMTP connection - thus the "From
username(_at_)networkcs(_dot_)com".  The hub recognizes itself (via the w
class)
as networkcs.com.

Does the sendmail.cf on the machine where procmail gets called have the
line:
        OSaveFromLine

in it's config file?  If so, comment it out.  The masquerading is
irelevant.

If all else fails, you could try adding "-o" to the procmail command line,
so that A= directive in the local mailer definition would read:

     A=procmail -o -Y -a $h -d $u

but that's a kludge.

Yeah, plus I also get all these annoying syslog error-level messages:

      procmail[21505]: Attempt to fake stamp by "mks"

Ah, this makes it sound like sendmail is running as user "mks".  If
this is correct, then you should recompile procmail after adding "mks"
to the TRUSTED_IDS define in config.h

Philip Guenther