newbie question

1997-11-12 14:17:27

Please help me with the following scenario: I want to send a postscript
document to the distiller via email and have it return a PDF file. The
problem I get to is since I send just the body to the distiller, I lose
the return information formail needs. I know I need to RTFM, but I am
swamped and my head is spinning...and spinning..
Being new to this I throw myself on your mercy and beg for help. Please
don't flame me.

PATH=$HOME/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/bin:/usr/local/bin:.
MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail      # You'd better make sure it exists
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/mbox
LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/from
LOCKFILE=$HOME/.lockmail
FORMAIL=/usr/local/bin/formail

:0 b
*
| $HOME/bin/distill  |  uuencode file.uu |$FORMAIL -r | /usr/lib/sendmail -oi -t

Cliff Trapp
Unix System Administrator
Motorola
#include <stddisclaimer.h>