Re: Deleting MIME attachments ?

1997-12-30 03:59:33
Mon 97-12-29 Vikas Agnihotri <vikasa(_at_)att(_dot_)com> list.procmail
| I am attaching the mail message which I saved in a mbox-folder. The
| application/octet-stream (something.PCX) attachment is the offending
| attachment I want to delete before it reaches me.

Thank you. That helped a lot. I generalized my MS Explorer mime
attachement killer to cover any attachement including Lotus notes
as you described in the example.

I now declare that the existing pm-jams-tnef.rc module, that was
specifically designed to kill application/ms-tnef 7k base64 attachements,
is now obsolete and I do not support it any more; neither it is included in
my procmail module collection.

All who has it, please remove it from your disk.
Instead, download the latest module kit which will have new and better
modules:

    pm-jamime.rc        -- subroutine: Defining mime variables from Headers
    pm-jamime-kill.rc   -- recipe:     General mime attachement killer

Also other modules have been changed. To get modules, send message

    To: <jari(_dot_)aalto(_at_)poboxes(_dot_)com>
    Subject: send pm-code.shar

Use "Subject: send help" to get full instruction how to use file server
and how to get file listing.

Happy f-coming new year!
jari