Re: How to NOT filter a message

1998-01-05 11:19:34
Thanks for the replies people.

I settled for the solution of using
:0:
* ^TOjspence
$DEFAULT

It was the obvious solution I guess but I wasn't sure about procmail's
filtering actions.  I erroneously believed that procmail may have been
processing mail that had been placed in /var/spool/mail/username and
thought filtering mail to the same file might have broken things.

BUT now that I know this is wrong I am content to manually save the Cc
copy to my list archive.

I feel the same way; when someone answers a post of mine by writing to me
and carboning the list, I like to get the direct copy in $DEFAULT and the
list-distributed copy in my folder for the list.  (There are others here who
feel very differently, considering the two copies to be an annoyance or even
an insult.)

Yes, I can see how someone might feel annoyed about that. I was subscribed
to a list once that occasionally died.  The result was I received answers
addressed to me very quickly and only received the Cc to the list about a
week after.

Compared to the Spam I get randomly bombarded with, a little ASCII
duplication of information is nothing.

--
John Spence <jspence(_at_)newave(_dot_)net(_dot_)au>
http://www.newave.net.au/~jspence