Re: Netscape Html filter

1998-01-08 00:45:33
Tue 98-01-06 Ray Curtis <ray(_at_)clark(_dot_)net> list.procmail
| few people that contineously send their mail with html attachments.
| Is there a method to just cut this portion out
|
| ------=_NextPart_000_0083_01BD1AC9.A48FFB50

Incidentally I found similar messages from my other mailing lists and
at least Microsoft Express seems to send messages similar to yours:

    headers

    --mime-boundary
    text-part
    --mime-boundary
    text/html

And what's funny, the text-part is identical to the text/html attachement, so
the html can be safely killed from the message.

I wrote a mime attachement killer recipe to deal with situations like this.
I tested the code with text/html too and it worked. I had previously used it
to kill 1) MS EXplorer attachements 2) Lotus Notes attachements.

To all: I have returned from my early year vacation and I have updated the
pm-*rc modules, so if you have time, please update.

    To: <jari(_dot_)aalto(_at_)poboxes(_dot_)com>
    Subject: send pm-code.shar          (or "send help" to get instructions)

The module that you can plug in is pm-jamime-kill.rc. You need no special
setup, see the usage example and it will handle ditching unwanted
attachements and dequote quoted-printable text-part portion.

Cheers!
jari

[excerpt]
#   Usage example
#
#           #   Add following line if needed before this script
#           #
#           #   AWK = "nawk"
#
#           #   If this is Lotus Notes message, it has extra .pcx attachement
#           :0
#           * ^X-Lotus-FromDomain:
#           {  JA_MIME_TYPE = "application/octet-stream" }
#
#           #   If this is MS Express's message with extra html attachement
#           * ^X-Mailer:.*Microsoft.*Express
#           {  JA_MIME_TYPE = "text/html" }
#
#           #    by default kill MS Explorer's ms-tnef attachement.
#           INCLUDERC = $PMSRC/pm-jamime-kill.rc