Re: C/Perl modules to delete attachments ?

1998-01-13 02:13:18
Mon 98-01-12 Vikas Agnihotri <VikasA(_at_)att(_dot_)com> list.procmail
| Arent there any utilities out there in C/Perl that anyone knows about that
| be easily plugged into Procmail to do the kind of things we are talking
| about? I find that quite unreal being that this is such a common/expected
| request! (sigh)

I think perl CPAN will have MIME tools that let you rip any part of
the message out. I was trained by perl 4, and I haven't have the time
to learn all perl 5 modules and OO features. Best, if you send your
query to the perl newsgroup.

Still, I'd avoid perl if possible with procmail, because it's sooooo
_heavy_.  In my opinion we can do simple things with procmail: the
MIME killer recipe is a lightweight compared to any real mime parser
and I tend to think that any heavy tasks which take considerable
amount of effort or time should be left outside of procmail. Like that
your MUA should take care of the message contents: MIME or PGP.

But each of one's own. Maybe I'm just over protective about the load
the procmail may cause if I apply all fancy features for each message.
:-)