Re: Munpack, etc

1998-01-08 09:05:25
On Thu, 8 Jan 1998 09:06:44 -0500, Vikas Agnihotri <VikasA(_at_)att(_dot_)com>
wrote:
On Wed, Jan 07, 1998 at 11:45:47PM +0200, era eriksson wrote:
Get a real MIME decoder and let it do the work for you. See the
comp.mail.mime FAQ for pointers (you want part 6, if memory
serves)
<...>
look at munpack and friends instead of the Perl implementations.
I just did. Downloaded munpack. From the man page:
<...>
As I understand it, it will spit out the various MIME parts into files.

Sorry, you are correct. Blame my leaking memory. Problem is, I know
I've seen a program which does this, but now I couldn't find it in the
MIME FAQ. Can anybody come up with good pointers? If not, I guess
you'll have to look at the Perl modules after all and code up a nice
decoder. (Hint: I'd love to include a link to it from the Procmail
Links page at <http://www.iki.fi/~era/procmail/links.html>)

/* era */

--
 Paparazzi of the Net: No matter what you do to protect your privacy,
  they'll hunt you down and spam you. <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam/>