Re: UCE via Procmail List???

1998-03-22 22:30:16
On Sun, 22 Mar 1998, Timothy J Luoma wrote:

Received this today.

Yes you and everyone else on the list.

Not so.

Thanks for resending it.... now I have 2 copies

Why did you get two?  I am using a filter you posted that nailed this
dreck.

        * !^TOprocmail(_at_)informatik\(_dot_)rwth-aachen\(_dot_)de

Looks like the procmail list is being used to send UCE?

Call CNN!  You've got a breaking news story!

Seriously, this problem has been going on for quite sometime and has been
discussed regularly.... I think I commented on it earlier today.

I didn't get either message until within a few minutes of each other.  And
it didn't hang-up on Primenet.  Maybe Ty didn't get your message until
after he complained about this dreck.

Does anyone read a mailing list before for a few days before sending mail to
it, or am I the only one who remembers that guideline?

Actually Tim, I don't recall this issue coming up in the past couple of
weeks.  Then again, maybe my anti-spam filters caught the spam-complaints
as well.

--
Mustgo, n.:
        Any item of food that has been sitting in the refrigerator so