Re: UCE via Procmail List???

1998-03-23 09:36:15
On Sun, 22 Mar 98 21:29:23 -0500, you wrote, and I quote:

:       Author:        twfic(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com (Ty Fairchild)
:       Original-Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 15:53:04 -0800
:       Message-ID:
<199803222353(_dot_)PAA08473(_at_)netcom4(_dot_)netcom(_dot_)com>
:
:> Received this today.
:
:Yes you and everyone else on the list.
:
:Thanks for resending it.... now I have 2 copies

You're welcome.  Let me know if you'd like another.

:
:
:> Looks like the procmail list is being used to send UCE?
:
:Call CNN!  You've got a breaking news story!
:
:Seriously, this problem has been going on for quite sometime and has been
:discussed regularly.... I think I commented on it earlier today.

I received your prior comment on the subject after I'd already posted mine.  I
subscribed for several years to this list up to about a year ago.  Only
recently have I resubscribed.  And frankly I was shocked to see this
particular list and its members abused that way.  Fine.  Procmail list spam
filter configured.

:
:Does anyone read a mailing list before for a few days before sending mail to
:it, or am I the only one who remembers that guideline?

Patently you _are_ the only one who remembers everything.  I know I can count
on you to be the de facto moderator cum Gatekeeper of this forum.

--
                All Rights Reserved To Post Flame mail
                                 Ty