Re: concurrent sendmails when forwarding

1998-08-16 05:58:11
On Sat, 15 Aug 1998, David W. Tamkin wrote:

That's what procmail's TRAP variable is for.  It says what procmail should do
Ahm. RTFM. Thanks!

| Yes. I'd like to have several sendmails processing a single mail on after
| the other. The only problem is that they're run concurrently.

I don't understand.  Why must the same exact message be sent separately to
all its forwardees?  Can't you use one recipe to send it to all of them and
thus invoke sendmail only once for each message that you forward?

No. *Each* message is forwarded to just *one* user. However, because I
have I dialup connection, there might be 20-50 mails in the mailbox. These
are distributed among the users (FYI: All mails belong to me. I use
several accounts on my local machine) by spawning sendmail in
*background*. This drives the system load easily beyond 20.

I hope that I could further clearify my problem. If there are still some
questions, please ask! I'd really help me!

Thanks, Walter

--
Haidinger Walter <walter(_dot_)haidinger(_at_)gmx(_dot_)net>
Student of Electrical Engineering, University of Technology, Vienna, Austria