Re: concurrent sendmails when forwarding

1998-08-16 12:38:16
On 16 August 1998, Walter Haidinger <walter(_dot_)haidinger(_at_)gmx(_dot_)net>
wrote:
[...]
*Each* message is forwarded to just *one* user. However, because
I have I dialup connection, there might be 20-50 mails in the
mailbox. These are distributed among the users (FYI: All mails belong
to me. I use several accounts on my local machine) by spawning
sendmail in *background*. This drives the system load easily beyond
20.
[...]

    Ok, then here's yet another approach: deliver messages from procmail
directly to mailboxes in all those users' homes.  No sendmail involved,
_much_ lower loads.

    Regards,

    Liviu

--
Dr. Liviu Daia                   e-mail:   daia(_at_)stoilow(_dot_)imar(_dot_)ro
Institute of Mathematics         web page: http://www.imar.ro/~daia