Re: Content-Length: header

1998-09-29 23:27:28
On 29 September 1998, Philip Guenther <guenther(_at_)gac(_dot_)edu> wrote:
Liviu Daia <daia(_at_)stoilow(_dot_)imar(_dot_)ro> writes:
On 29 September 1998, David W. Tamkin <dattier(_at_)Mcs(_dot_)Net> wrote:
No need for the dollar sign, but it does no damage.

   Hmm.  Here we go again: is this actually documented somewhere?

How about the procmailrc(5) manpage?

     There are some special conditions you can use that are not
     straight regular expressions.  To select them, the condition must
     start with:

     !    Invert the condition.

     $    Evaluate the remainder of this condition  according  to
          sh(1)  substitution  rules  inside  double quotes, skip
          leading whitespace, then reparse it.

Seems like a good enough explanation to me.

    Did you actually follow that thread before replying to it?  Please
read my message again, then tell me how do you infer from the above
excerpt (or from any other part of the manual) that "H" is a "special
case of the spacial case", and you can _leave out_ the dollar sign in

         * $ H   ?? ^Content-Length:

    Here we go:

On 30 September 1998, Liviu Daia <daia(_at_)stoilow(_dot_)imar(_dot_)ro> wrote:
On 29 September 1998, David W. Tamkin <dattier(_at_)Mcs(_dot_)Net> wrote:
First, Liviu Daia suggested,

D>     Yes.  Fortunately, it can be fixed with procmail:
D>  :0 Bfh
D>  * $ H   ?? ^Content-Length:

No need for the dollar sign, but it does no damage.

    Hmm.  Here we go again: is this actually documented somewhere?
[...]

    Regards,

    Liviu

--
Dr. Liviu Daia                   e-mail:   daia(_at_)stoilow(_dot_)imar(_dot_)ro
Institute of Mathematics         web page: http://www.imar.ro/~daia