Re: Definition of "folder"

1998-09-28 22:46:09
On Tue, 29 Sep 1998 02:45:05 +0300, Liviu Daia
<daia(_at_)stoilow(_dot_)imar(_dot_)ro>
wrote:
    Ok, here's my shot.

Thanks!

:  MBX format
    AFAIK, Qmail doesn't handle MBX mailboxes.

Then what does? Anybody? (Did I make up this format? :-)

          unique, even across different machines. Maildir is the only
          mail folder format that doesn't require locking.

I changed this to read "file-oriented mail folder format" in the light
of David Tamkin's comments (which also correspond to my understanding
of these things). (Yes, there are some things which work badly if you
don't update MH's sequences, but that's IMHO kind of outside the scope
of what you need to know in order to use it with Procmail. I'll add a
comment about how some people prefer to deliver via rcvstore(1).)

    On a related topic, please note that Mutt can natively read and
write both mbox, MMDF, MH and Maildir mailboxes.

Hmmm. I'm not sure I want to turn this into a listing of features of
MUAs (although I agree that might be a good resource to have as well).

Thanks again for your comments. The quest goes on :-)

/* era */

--
Bot Bait: It shouldn't even matter whether  (`')  Just  (`')  http://www.iki
I am a resident of the State of Washington   \/ Married! \/   .fi/~era/