Re: problem with rule and logging question

1999-01-03 13:30:02
Thanks to everyone on the list for their help.  I'm not sure exactly what
the problem was but as soon as I made procmail the local delivery agent all
the recipes started working for all the local accounts with the changes
that folks suggested where I had some incorrect syntax.  (I'm assuming it
has something to do with the way I have set up the user accounts.)
Basically, I just added the following to the /etc/sendmail.cf file in place
of the existing one and did a kill HUP to restart sendmail (8.9.1) on my
FreeBSD box.

Mlocal, P=/usr/local/bin/procmail, F=lsfSDFMAh5:/|qmn9, S=10/30, R=20/40,
        M=4000000, T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
        A=procmail -a $h -d $u

Now I have a new question.  In my /etc/virtusertable I have a bunch of
aliases that redirect mail to respective email addresses not on my server.
In testing these, it doesn't appear that the /etc/procmailrc file and
recipes are getting invoked before sending them.  I'm assuming this is
because the mail is no longer local and I have only configured procmail as
the local delivery agent.  Now I'm not sure how to get procmail to process
the recipes before sending the mail off the machine.

TIA

Jerry