Re: Problems with Procmail and PMDF -- Corrupt Headers

1999-01-26 12:11:49
Thanks for the idea.  I put a "! cat > $HOME/junk.mail" in the .forward and
ended up with the header (in junk.mail)

9:37:35 1999
 with ESMTP id <0F6600401GYNQ7(_at_)plu(_dot_)edu> for <receiver>@plu.edu; Tue,
 26 Jan 1999 09:37:35 -0800 (PST)

It gets better.  After 10:00 A.M., I did it again.  I end up with this header:

:45:46 1999
 with ESMTP id <0F6600C01K49T2(_at_)plu(_dot_)edu> for <receiver>@plu.edu; Tue,
 26 Jan 1999 10:45:45 -0800 (PST)

At this point, it's looking like PMDF is doing something strange when a command
is piped using .forward or the user profiles.  I'm assuming this is what is
confusing procmail.  I'm working with a PMDF support person to see if we can
figure it out.  Hopefully, if I get past this, procmail will work properly.

Also, my version of procmail is "v3.11pre7 1997/04/28", compiled under
Digital UNIX 4.0b, with no special configuration changes made to the Makefile
or config.h.

I'll let you know what comes of all this.

Thanks again!
Keith