Re: Errors in .maillog

1999-02-09 11:52:37
On Tue, 9 Feb 1999 11:49:09 -0600 (CST), Mark Shaw
<mshaw(_at_)dal(_dot_)asp(_dot_)ti(_dot_)com> wrote:
sh: syntax error at line 1: `|' unexpected
How would I go about beginning to debug this?  I use quite a lot of
Run with VERBOSE logging for a while and the problem should become
apparent.
Ouch.  At over 1600 recipes this might be painful.  I'll try it
though, if I can't figure this out any other way.  I could at
least remove my INCLUDERC's a few at a time and then run with
VERBOSE, to see if one of them is to blame.

For a soft start, you could include some checkpoint LOG= statements in
your main .procmailrc to show where something is being INCLUDERC=d and
then proceed with that information when you get a match. Slowly, you
can narrow down the LOG= statements until (theoretically) they
encompass just a single recipe. Now there's your culprit. (In practice
you will find the error somewhere halfway through.)

Another thing you could try, which is somewhat simple minded, is to
just look for all occurrences of the regex '^[  ]*|.*|' and see if you
see anything funny in there. (You might have some continued recipes
which start with an alternation character; those can be ignored, of
course.)

/* era */

--
.obBotBait: It shouldn't even matter whether    <http://www.iki.fi/~era/>