Re: aol spam - forgeries?

1999-02-22 15:48:11

Thanks for the tip on this.  As a heads up to others (especially those like
me just getting started) it did create a minor problem.  This recipe was
catching all my mail generated by online forms that generate email (like
feedback, order forms and such) which the cgi scripts did not get
programmed to show a To address.  Since I have a bunch of these scripts and
didn't want to change them all, I just found a unique part of the header
that did get generated by the scripts to also add so that these would get
through.

As an example, I am using the following which seems to work so far.

:0 f
* ! ^(To|Cc):
* ! ^Received:(_dot_)*username(_at_)localhost
|formail -A "X-Spam-Reject: rc.to-cc-missing"

Thanks again for all the help.

Jerry

I have been getting a fair bit of spam from aol addresses that haven't
been caught by my other recipes and was wondering if anyone could
assist with identifying if these are forgeries or are from real aol
(ab)users and what kind of recipe I might add to stop this junk.  I
know I can keep adding info from the body of the message but it keeps
seeming to change.

Below are the headers from a few of the messages.

      :0:
      * ! ^(To|Cc):
      spam

   Regards,

   Liviu Daia

--
Dr. Liviu Daia               e-mail:   daia(_at_)stoilow(_dot_)imar(_dot_)ro
Institute of Mathematics     web page: http://www.imar.ro/~daia