Re: aol spam - forgeries?

1999-02-23 00:14:13
On Mon, 22 Feb 1999 14:13:48 -0800, Jerry Preeper <preeper(_at_)cts(_dot_)com>
wrote:
Thanks for the tip on this.  As a heads up to others (especially those like
me just getting started) it did create a minor problem.  This recipe was
catching all my mail generated by online forms that generate email (like
<...>
didn't want to change them all, I just found a unique part of the header
that did get generated by the scripts to also add so that these would get
through.
:0 f
* ! ^(To|Cc):
* ! ^Received:(_dot_)*username(_at_)localhost
|formail -A "X-Spam-Reject: rc.to-cc-missing"

You mean :0fhw, and if this is supposed to be matching on

then this will not work if one of your CGIs ever sends stuff to more
than one user on your host, and/or the spammers somehow manage to get
something injected where it will be passed locally (unlikely) or your
CGI server ever moves to a different server from your mail server (or
vice versa).

For the time being, if I were you, I'd simply filter out To-less mail
specifically from AOL and leave it at that. (And then fix those CGI
scripts ASAP.)

/* era */

--
.obBotBait: It shouldn't even matter whether    <http://www.iki.fi/~era/>