Re: aol spam - forgeries?

1999-02-22 19:50:29
Your'e absolutely correct, the scripts should be changed.  It's just that
I'm guessing there are probably at least 50 or more for the various domains
I have on the server, plus all the cron jobs that mail output somewhere.

Jerry

me just getting started) it did create a minor problem.  This recipe was
catching all my mail generated by online forms that generate email (like

Didn't _create_ a problem so much as revealed one you already had.
Consider fixing your scripts.

Since I have a bunch of these scripts and
didn't want to change them all, I just found a unique part of the header
that did get generated by the scripts to also add so that these would get
through.

Good workaround for _you_, but how about the people you're sending these
to?  How much work could it possibly be to insert the To: field in your
script?

Post Box 2395 / San Rafael, CA  94912-2395