Adding date to file name

1999-06-19 03:05:21

I am currently using procmail to sort email into several files.

I get one message a day from a particular source. I'd like to send that
email message to a different directory as a separate file, with the file
name being the source, with the date appended in YYMMDD format (example:
from JSmith(_at_)hisadd(_dot_)com --> filename JSmith990612). I'd prefer the
date to
be the date of the message, but the local machine date would be OK if
easier to do. How can I add the formatted date, within procmail, to make
the file name?

In the near future, the info I need will be in an attachment (possibly as
octet coded text) rather than the msg text. Is there a way to get the info
from the coded attachment, and save it as a text file with the date?

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Larry