Re: filter number(_at_)foobar(_dot_)com

1999-08-05 22:21:53
On 5 August 1999, Christophe Zwecker <doc(_at_)zwecker(_dot_)de> wrote:
[...]
Now what I need aswell is all incoming mail stripped off the
attachments. I looked at the module from Jaari, but I understood it
this way that it doesnt catch all ? Correct me if Im wrong.

    Please note that what you'd consider to be the "main body" in a
multipart message is itself an attachment.  If you want to remove "all
attachments" you'll need to state criteria to distinguish between the
main body and the rest.  IIRC that's what Jaari's module is supposed to
do.

FYI: I need this for a cruising ship. Each guest gets a numer when
getting on board, for that the number thingy. Since the email comes in
thru a rather expensive satelite link, they need all attachments to be
stripped.
[...]

    By the time procmail gets to see the messages, they have already
been uploaded to your machine.  A much better way around this is to
configure your MTA to drop messages over a certain size, this way the
large ones are rejected before the remote host tries to send them to
your machine.  With sendmail you'd accomplish that by adding something
like

        O MaxMessageSize=65536

to your /etc/sendmail.cf .

    Regards,

    Liviu Daia

--
Dr. Liviu Daia               e-mail:   Liviu(_dot_)Daia(_at_)imar(_dot_)ro
Institute of Mathematics     web page: http://www.imar.ro/~daia