Re: Procmail Quick Start pointer (& some questions)

1999-09-13 15:43:21
At 1:23 +0300 9/14/99, era eriksson wrote:

A related issue: As of Procmail 3.13 (or 3.12 but I guess nobody ever
settled on that) Procmail is more paranoid about the permissions on
the .procmailrc file, and will refuse to use it if it is group or
world writable. A frequent problem on some systems is that the users'
home directories are group writable but always belong to a group with
only one member, namely the user in question. This will make Procmail
upset unless it was configured at compile time to shut up about this.
(This is notably the case on Red Hat systems, although I believe they
fixed their precompiled RPM version of 3.13.1 now.)

Apparently not. The build date on the RPM on their site is 1999/4/6,
which is the same one I installed from. That one didn't work until I
fixed the permissions on my .procmailrc

Breen