Re: Procmail Quick Start pointer (& some questions)

1999-09-13 15:50:11

MY QUESTIONS
------------
* Do my definitions of "string" and "word" make sense and do the use
  of these words in the article make sense?

I don't like the definition of string, especially with respect to
procmail. Under some circumstances, whitespace within a string must
be quoted, either with an appropriate number of backslashes or with
quote marks. Failure to do so may create multiple strings and undesired
consequences.

I also don't like one of your examples of words (more specifically,
non-words). Why isn't "Subject" a word by your definition. It is bounded
on the left by a <BOL> or non-word character, and on the right by a
colon, which is a non-word character by your definition.

Otherwise, it looks ok, but I'm not authoritative.

--
Rik Kabel          Old enough to be an adult
rik(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com