Re: Dup check, no dumping of message?

1999-11-01 07:57:53
"David W. Tamkin" <dattier(_at_)Mcs(_dot_)Net> writes:
I said these looked equivalent to me and asked whether they really were:
Philip responded:
| 2) The logfile entries generated when LOGABSTRACT=all will be different
|    when a duplicate comes in.  If VERBOSE=on then the output will differ
|    greatly depending on the recipe.

You mean LOGABSTRACT=all now logs `c'-flag pipe actions again?  As to a
difference in a verbose logfile, that's a given.

That's what makes LOGABSTRACT=all different from LOGABSTRACT=on.  If
the 'c' flag is all that keeps a recipe from being a delivering recipe,
then LOGABSTACT=all will still log it if it succeeds.  The bug in
procmail version 3.11preX was that the LOGABSTRACT=all would log all
successful recipes with the 'c' flag, regardless of whether that
changed their delivering nature.

Philip Guenther