Re: Dup check, no dumping of message?

1999-11-02 12:28:55
I had asked,

| >You mean LOGABSTRACT=all now logs `c'-flag pipe actions again?

Note the adverb "again" -- it used to, but it had stopped.

Philip responded,

| That's what makes LOGABSTRACT=all different from LOGABSTRACT=on.  If
| the 'c' flag is all that keeps a recipe from being a delivering recipe,
| then LOGABSTACT=all will still log it if it succeeds.  The bug in
| procmail version 3.11preX was that the LOGABSTRACT=all would log all
| successful recipes with the 'c' flag, regardless of whether that
| changed their delivering nature.

... and in several other releases since then, LOGABSTRACT=all logged nothing
except final delivery and `c' deliveries to folders; it didn't log `c'
deliveries to pipes nor `c' forwards to other address.  That is why I used
the adverb "again."