Re: Procmail as non-local agent

2000-06-20 15:09:36
      That was the understanding that I have gotten as well. The company
I am interning for needs a solution to filter attachments at the relay
server before they come to our internal network of exchange
servers. (Exact setup you have.) I just started playing with another
mailer -- Exim -- that is a Mail Transfer Agent (MTA) as well as a Local
Delivery Agent (LDA). They are sporting a "Generic Windows Executable
Content filter" on their homepage, exim.org.

Well, you could tell the system to accept delivery for *ALL* email
via sendmail rulesets, then deliver it to a procmail script that
performs the necessary filtering and sends it off to the internal
server.

There are obvious things to watch out for -- making sure that you keep
the envelope recipient and and senders, handling bounces correctly,
etc.

And yes, it's a hack.  :)

Chris