Re: Procmail as non-local agent

2000-06-20 17:22:55
Hey Christopher!

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000, Christopher Lindsey wrote:

Well, you could tell the system to accept delivery for *ALL* email
via sendmail rulesets, then deliver it to a procmail script that
performs the necessary filtering and sends it off to the internal
server.

There are obvious things to watch out for -- making sure that you keep
the envelope recipient and and senders, handling bounces correctly,
etc.

        Right. Any good FAQ's on how to configure Sendmail to do
this? Since I am just a loley intern with no sendmail experience, they
have me looking at everything but sendmail. If there's a simple way to do
this, I'll write the procmail script (or you wrote it for all of us!)

Regards,
---Matthew Genelin---