Re: Filtering outputs from multiple machines.

2000-08-14 19:40:20

Yay! that works precisely as designed...

Thanks to all who answered and solved a probelm that's ben bugging me for
weeks...

On Mon, 14 Aug 2000, David W. Tamkin wrote:

All righty ...

| All the machines have a FQDN of the form:
|
|     PROJECT-ST##.rest.of.domain
|
| where PROJECT is the name of the project the machine belongs to, ST is the
| state in which the machine resides in and ## is a number (sometimes one
| or two digits long).

| I'd like procmail to be able to read the from line, and then shovel all
| mail from each project into its own folder. For instance, mail coming
| from zenith-ny01, zenith-ga02 and zenith-fl23 will all be pushed into the
| zenith folder.

Steven later changed his mind and said he wants separate folders for
zenith-ny01, zenith-ga02, zenith-fl23, and so forth.

 :0: # period inside brackets means literal period
 * ^Subject:.*cron
 $MATCH

--
Steven Harrison