Re: identifying list distributions (was procmailrc help)

2000-12-21 00:24:42
On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 11:49:09PM -0600, David W. Tamkin wrote:
Every mailing list software package generates different headers, so I look at
each list to which I subscribe and figure out a way to spot its posts.  The
key is to use something added or clobbered by the list software and not to
depend on anything under posters' control.  If there's an X-Mailing-List:,
Mailing-List:, or List-ID: header, great.  For other lists I generally use
Sender: or From_.

Pretty much what I do, which is why I generally settle on Sender: It is the
one header that is _fairly_ consistent across list softwares, without being
under the control of the poster.

--
Andrew Edelstein                http://andrew.pure-chaos.com

Moses Cooper: It seems to be a rule of life. The things we hate most are often
the most necessary for survival. I'm talking about guns.
Sarah Cooper: But you've owned a gun for as long as I've known you.
Moses Cooper: Yes, and I've respected it, but I have never loved it.
                                April Morning