Re: Procmailrc Configuration

2001-01-18 16:34:41
Sean

Professional Software Engineering wrote:

At 19:57 2001-01-18 +0000, Richard wrote:

My workstation is SuSE Linux 7.0.  I do understand that I will need to
use fetchmail to get mail in the first place.

If you're using fetchmail, then you're not _forwarding_ the messages,
you're _retrieving_ them, since fetchmail would be running on your
workstation.

I've got a gateway box that downloads mail from my ISP.  My
workstation and several other boxen are plugged into the gateway box.
A simple LAN.

Fetchmail collects the mail from my ISP.  After that I need to forward
the mail to the place on my workstation where fetchmail would have
placed it if that workstation were or had been connected to the net.

The dialup connection is a dynamically assigned IP address which
changes every time I connect through my gateway box which is an ISDN
system.

Thanks

--
Richard