RE: A better autoresponder?

2001-03-30 07:49:53

I can type lynx -dump http://www.ourdomain.com/blah/blah/ at the command
prompt and get the result I want.

But are you logged into the mail server at the time?

Do you have

TERM=vt100

somewhere in your .procmailrc? (Lynx needs that in my experience)

Is it possible procmail only has a limited number of shell programs to
operate with?

yes that is possible but not likely the problem in this case

The logfile for the above recipe throws an error - I tried the full path of
lynx, I tried making a variable with $LYNX and its full path but always:

  Total  Number Folder
  -----  ------ ------
      0       2  ##      ) | $SENDMAIL -oi -t"
      0       2  ##      -A"X-Loop: auto1(_at_)ourdomain(_dot_)com"; \
      0       2  ##      -I"From: Us <auto1(_at_)ourdomain(_dot_)com>" \
      0       2  ##      -I"Subject: Info you requested" \
      0       2  ##      /usr/local/bin/lynx -dump
http://www.ourdomain.com/blah/blah/ \
      0       1  ## /usr/local/bin/lynx: not found

It sounds like the mail server does not have lynx on it, or at least not at
/usr/local/bin/

This can very often be caused by your shell account being on one machine, and
the mail server being a different machine.  If that's not the case, then check
your $PATH statement in .procmail

TjL