RE: A better autoresponder?

2001-03-30 09:51:47

I can type lynx -dump http://www.ourdomain.com/blah/blah/ at the command
prompt and get the result I want.

But are you logged into the mail server at the time?

Yes. I do not have a separate server for mail - I have access to sendmail
and everything else on one server.

"which lynx" and "whereis lynx" brings up:

/usr/local/bin/lynx

Do you have
TERM=vt100
somewhere in your .procmailrc? (Lynx needs that in my experience)

Yes

This can very often be caused by your shell account being on one machine,
and
the mail server being a different machine.  If that's not the case, then
check
your $PATH statement in .procmail

PATH=$HOME/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin

(the $HOME variable being set earlier in the file)

I *suppose* I could do a cron job that dumps the pages I want once a day to
a text file and then use that text file for the autoresponders but it would
be good if this solution worked.

If you try it on your server does the recipe below work?

Thanks
David

# auto1
:0 hc
* ^TOauto1(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com
* !^FROM_DAEMON
* !^X-Loop:(_dot_)*(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com
  | (formail -rtb -I"Precedence: bulk" \
     -I"From: Me <me(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com>" \
     -I"Subject: Subjective" \
     -A"X-Loop: auto1(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com"; \
     lynx -dump http://www.mydomain.com/ \
     ) | $SENDMAIL -oi -t
:0 Ac:
auto1