Re: efficiency and LINEBUF

2001-03-30 09:08:35
Timothy asked,

| What is the most efficient order to put the following conditions in?

Put the one that would eliminate the most messages first, of course.

| Assume CELLWHITELIST has less than 200 entries in it... one line per
|
| * $   ^To:.*$ME
| * $ ! ^From:.*$ME
| * ?    test -f $CELL_FORWARD
| * ?    fgrep -is "$REPLYTO" $CELLWHITELIST

| Also, do I need to adjust LINEBUF to hold those 200 entries, or ????

No.

Procmail would not expand the contents of the file named in $CELLWHITELIST
to interpret the condition, so that is not a problem.  It will expand the
address in $REPLYTO and the *name* in $CELLWHITELIST, but it's highly
unlikely that the fgrep command line will end up exceeding LINEBUF.