Re: Unexpected forward to pager problem

2001-06-08 09:38:37
At 11:18 2001-06-08 -0500, David W. Tamkin wrote:

R> Humm, Could be, the Procmail headers are about double what the direct mail
R> headers are.

Procmail does not add any headers (except that it might lengthen 'From ' by
adding a '>From ' below it).  It may be reading an rcfile that has filtering
recipes whose commands add other headers.

I believe what was intended by that comment is that the process of having procmail forward it would have the MTA add additional levels of received headers (one for the local delivery to the MTA, and another for the MTA to the remote MTA at the paging service, perhaps more).