Re: Unexpected forward to pager problem

2001-06-07 22:56:29
In your message regarding Re: Unexpected forward to pager problem dated
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 10:32:17 -0700 (PDT), Bart Schaefer said that ...

 On Thu, 7 Jun 2001, Tim Rice wrote:

If I email my pager direct at 111111(_at_)152mail(_dot_)com I receive the
subject and
most of the body.

If I set up procmail to forward a message to 111111(_at_)152mail(_dot_)com
I receive
only the subject.

 My only guess is that the pager is limiting the size of the transmission
 *including* the message header, and that forwarding through procmail is
 causing additional Received: headers to be added, which consumes that part
 of the limited transmission size that used to be applied to the body.

Humm, Could be, the Procmail headers are about double what the direct mail
headers are.

:0 c
* ^TO_urgent(_at_)mydomain
* !^FROM_MAILER
! 111111(_at_)152mail(_dot_)com

 Try:

 :0 c
 * ^TO_urgent(_at_)mydomain
 * !^FROM_MAILER
 | formail -U Received: | $SENDMAIL 111111(_at_)152mail(_dot_)com

This looks promising, thanks!

 To answer your other question, ESMTP is just "extended" SMTP.  This just
 means that the mail transport agent (MTA) on one system uses a more recent
 version of the protocol than the MTA on the other.  For the purposes of
 your pager, it should be indistinguishable from SMTP.

Thanks for the clarification and the help on the above.

--
Best Regards,

Tim Rice