Re: get rid of 'From '-"Header"

2001-06-29 13:51:01
I believe it was on a line by itself, and that was likely part of the
problem.

I believe when using procmail with Cyrus, as Konstantin and I are
doing, the last line of the procmailrc must be simply:
HOST
by itself.  I made the mistake of actually setting the HOST value,
which hosed everything.

HTH

On 06/29/01 03:36 PM, David W. Tamkin sat at the `puter and typed:
Konstantin Kletschke had this recipe at the end of his .procmailrc:

| :0
| | /usr/sbin/cyrdeliver -q -e -a konsti -m
| user.konsti

Is "user.konsti" supposed to be part of the previous line, and it just got
wrapped in your post?  Because if it's on a line by itself in your
.procmailrc, it accomplishes nothing,

| no formail. the deliver-program of the cyrus package ist pissed-off
| from the "From "-line procmail produces when invoked by konsti.

I see from your subsequent post that you found a solution by having formail
remove From_ and pipe the output to cyrdeliver, but another way, without
running formail (nor a shell to set up the pipe) might be to use procmail's
`r' flag for raw mode.  In raw mode, procmail does not care if the message
doesn't have a From_ line or doesn't have a closing blank line and won't add
them if they're not already there.

If at that point in your .procmailrc the message already has a From_ line
that you need to remove, though, raw mode won't help.

Louis LeBlanc
leblanc(_at_)acadia(_dot_)ne(_dot_)mediaone(_dot_)net
http://acadia.ne.mediaone.net                Ô¿Ô¬