Re: readme or tutorial for multiple users

2001-08-18 09:49:08
In your message regarding Re: readme or tutorial for multiple users dated
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 11:16:20 -0500 (CDT), David R. Linn said that ...

Thanks Dave, Dave T. just gave me the same info with the x switch added.
Works great. I looked up col and it says the x changes tabs to multiple
spaces. Great info, many thanks to everyone.

One last question: I ran man procmail > procmail.txt which copied the man
pages to my home dir. I then FTP'd procmail.txt to my win 98 computer, but
it is full of Ctrl characters. How can I get the Man pages in a text file
format? I've tried ascii & binary transfers and both methods end up with
ctrl characters.

 man procmail | col -b > procmail.txt

Best Regards,

Tim Rice