Re: Procmail 3.22 with Qmail Maildirs

2001-10-16 16:37:43
The message went from one Andrew to another:

| Qmail insists that pipes in .qmail files begin with a /, so you need to
| give the full path to the preline and procmail binaries. You can't just
| igure they're in your path.
|
| |/usr/local/bin/preline /usr/local/bin/procmail

and while I'm not an Andrew, the letters of "Andrew" do appear in my given
names, so just think of me as temporarily anagrammed into Andrew Arvid
Tamkin for this post:

In my  one experience with a shell account on a system where qmail was the
MTA, a slash after the pipe in dot-qmail files was unnecessary: just

 | preline /home/dattier/binary/procmail args

worked very well; procmail was my own compilation under my home directory
and couldn't possibly have been in a qmail process's path, but I never
needed an absolute path to preline.

It could well be that Andrew Hill's dot-qmail needs a full path to procmail
but could still find preline by its basename.

AAT