Re: formail -l question

2002-01-14 22:43:12
At 21:30 2002-01-14 -0500, Phil Temples wrote:

I can't seem to get "formail -l" to function properly.  According to the man
page, it should allow me to type,

  $ formail -l <folder>

What version of formail are you using there? This must be a new feature in the version packaged with procmail in 3.2x, because it certainly isn't a documented feature in 3.1x.

You should standardize on the commonly used terms -- formail operates on MAILBOXES. As in "unix mbox style mailboxes", or individual messages.

FOLDERS is a common term for DIRECTORY, and procmail can manage mail as "MAILDIR" format, which would more closely relate to the term folder. However, maildir format is one message per file, so the above formail invocation would be meaningless in that context.

and generate a log summary in procmail-style.  E.g.,

Log summary in "procmail style" ?  Huh?

What am I doing wrong? (I read where this had been an undocumented option until recently.)

Read where?

I've got to grab a copy of 3.22 and check it out on one of my test machines and see what is up with this...