Re: Sendmail, qmail or Postfix??

2002-01-15 01:28:21

Don't forget Smail, Exim, Zmailer and Courier.

Please post any thoughts you might have on these mail programs.

Which one works the best with procmail?

Enough discussion has already occurred on this topic.  If there's a
bottom line, it's that no one program can be all things to all people,
and everyone has a favourite MTA.  Nobody's choice is wrong (unless
it's for MS Exchange).  You should go with the one with which you're
most familiar, unless you have extraordinary needs which would require
you to hire a consultant to help you make your choice.

But this is *your* journey, and we would be doing you a disservice to
affect your direction with our preferences before you've had a chance
to learn the benefits and pitfalls of each MTA by your own research.

Which mailer has the best tools for eliminating spam?

All of them have facilities for eliminating spam.  The most important
"tool" available to all three packages is of course procmail, but you've
already picked up on that.

--
  Paul Chvostek
<paul(_at_)it(_dot_)ca>