Re: formail -l question

2002-01-15 04:06:11
Newbie question:

I don't think I've seen this question before!

I'm a version or two behind the current version of procmail, and mine
doesn't come with any documentation for the -l option...but it has been
around for a while.

What it seems to do is generate a log summary for any mail that passes
through it, and report it *as though* it was delivered to the named mail
folder.

  $ formail -l /var/mail/<username>

should give me a log summary, right?

Nope.  That's only part of it.  You need to give formail something to
process.  For example:

  $ ( echo "From me"; echo "Subject: test" )| formail -l test.folder

gives the output